This is an ideal breakfast option for weight watchers and is also diabetic friendly.
You’ll need :
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1/4 cup bajra (black millet) flour
- 1/2 cup finelychopped bitter gourd (karela) peels
- 1/2 tsp grated garlic (lehsun)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil to brush the theplas
1.Combine all the ingredients and knead into a firm dough using enough water and knead well.
2.Divide the dough into 10 equal parts and roll each portion into a circle of approx. 125 mm. (5″) diameter.
3.Cook each thepla on a non-stick pan till both sides are golden brown.
4.Brush each thepla with a little oil and serve hot.
Recipe By: Dipika