Total Cook Time: 25 mins
Makes 12 tikkis
- One 1/2 cups parboiled sprouted moong (whole green gram)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions (whites and greens)
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- One tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1/4 cup oats flour, refer handy tip
- Salt to taste
- One 1/4 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
- Mint and onion chutney
- Blend the Moong sprouts in a mixer to a coarse mixture without using any water.
- Transfer the Moong sprouts mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a 37 mm. (1½”) diameter tikki.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with ¼ tsp of oil. Cook all the tikkis on it, using 1 tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately with mint and onion chutney.
Tip : Blend ¼ cup of quick cooking BeatO oats in a mixer till smooth to get ¼ cup of oats flour.
Source: Tarla Dalal