Total Cook Time: 30 mins
- 2 cups Red Amaranth Leaves , roughly chopped
- 1 cup Green Moong Sprouts
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Jaggery
- Salt , to taste
- To begin making the Lal Mathachi Bhaji Recipe, let’s start prepping the leaves – Wash the Mathachi Bhaji over a running water and drain all the water.
- Chop the leaves along with the tender stem and keep aside.
- Into a pressure cooked, add the chopped amaranth leaves, the moong sprouts a pinch of salt and 3 tablespoons water. Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles and turn off the heat.
- Release the pressure immediately to prevent the discoloration of the leaves.
- Heat oil in sautéing pan over medium heat; add mustard seeds and a pinch of hing and allow it to crackle.
- Once it crackles, add the chopped garlic, onions and cook until the onions turn translucent.
- Stir in red chilli powder, turmeric powder, jaggery and the steamed amaranth leaves and the moong sprouts.
- Stir the Lal Mathachi Bhaji for about 2 minutes until all the ingredients are well combined. Check the salt and spices and adjust to taste accordingly.
- Once the Lal Mathachi Bhaji is done, turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve the Lal Mathachi Bhaji Recipe along with Multigrain Methi Thepla Recipe and Kela Anar Raita Recipe to enjoy a simple and delicious diabetic friendly meal.
Source: Archana’s Kitchen