- 2 Cups Oats
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Cup Carrot , finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves , chopped
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Curd
- A pinch of Fruit Salt
- Take 2 cups of oats in a pan and dry roast them for about 5 minutes until golden brown.Let it cool down and then grind to make it a powder
- In a broad pan heat oil over medium flame.Add mustard seeds to it and let them crackle.Now add channa and urad dal, turmeric powder and green chilli. Mix well and saute until light brown.
- Add the chopped carrots and coriander leaves. Combine all the ingredients thoroughly along with a pinch of salt and cook for a minute or two.Let the mixture cool down for few minutes before adding into idli batter.
- For idli batter ,transfer the prepared oats powder to a large bowl.In this add salt and the fried mixture. Combine well.Now add the required quantity of curd and stir thoroughly in one direction adding a pinch of fruit salt to it.Prepare a medium thick batter and leave it covered for few minutes.
- Now grease the idli molds with ghee using a brush.
- Pour the prepared oats idli batter in each mold and put it in the steamer.
- Cover with a lid and steam for about 15 minutes over medium flame.
The tasty and healthy oats idli is ready to serve with any Chutney of your choice.
Recipe by: Manisha