Diabetes, as we all know is a chronic state that leads to a rise in your blood sugar levels. People are of the opinion that the diabetics must keep away from the sweets. Though the people who have diabetes are recommended to follow a proper diabetic diet, enjoying desserts occasionally can still do. But they need to make sure that they have these foods in moderation.
So, here are some of the recipes of the desserts you can make and have a great sugary time.
- Black Forest Trifle
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package chocolate sugar-free, fat-free instant pudding mix
- 2 cups fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package frozen no-sugar-added pitted cherries
- 2 or 3 drops of red food coloring
- 1 package chocolate sugar-free, low-fat cake mix
- Sugar-free chocolate curls (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- Make the cake mix as per the directions on the package, by bringing in use 3/4 cup water.
- Leave the cake in the pan to cool it down. Once cooled, take the cake out from the pan, and slice it into cubes.
- Now prepare the mixture for pudding as per the package directions, with 2 cups fat-free milk. Place it in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes.
- Thaw the cherries while keeping 1/4 cup of the juice. Mix together the juice, cherries, and the red food coloring.
- Take a trifle bowl and place nearly half of cake cubes in it. Add half of the cherries over cake. Open out 1 cup pudding over the cherries, and top these using approximately half of the whipped topping.
- Do the layers repeatedly. Decorate using the chocolate curls, if you want. Cover it and freeze at for at least 8 hours.
- Chili-Lime Grilled Pineapple
- 1 fresh pineapple
- Dash salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Peel the pineapple properly. Slice the fruit laterally into six wedges. Take away the core.
- Take a small bowl. Combine rest of the ingredients and blend them to turn the mixture smooth.
- Now brush the pineapple with half of the glaze. Keep the rest of the mixture for basting.
- Grill the pineapple while covering it over a medium flame for around 2-4 minutes on each side till these turn light brown. You can baste these occasionally with the mixture you kept.
- Enjoy the dessert.
Besides eating these desserts, you need to keep an eye on your blood sugar levels with the help of glucometer. This keeps you away from danger of elevated blood glucose levels in your body.