Ashwagandha is an age-old Ayurveda medicine which has been used to cure various diseases in the Asian continent. Also known as Indian Ginseng, it has been now scientifically proven to help battle diabetes and other chronic diseases.
Battling diabetes is usually tough as you need to change your entire lifestyle and with it incorporate a new regime of medicines into your everyday routine. The worst part of it is that the possible side-effects of all the tablets you take in. But Ayurveda medicines are supposed to cure without leaving behind any side effects of their own. They treat the disease completely and give you a healthier body in a given period of time. Here are the benefits that Ashwagandha can bring you when taken regularly:
- Ashwagandha is one such plant whose extracts are extremely beneficial in bringing diabetes under control. Not only that it has also been proven as excellent medicine in controlling stress. It is also an aphrodisiac, can help slow down ageing and cure insomnia.
- In case of diabetes control, Ashwagandha works by influencing the body’s production of insulin and insulin sensitivity. It stimulates the secretion of insulin in bloodstream thus improving the break down of sugars in the blood. This ensures that less harmful sugars are being stored on your body. Thus the blood sugar levels remain low when you consume Ashwagandha extracts overtime.
- Ashwagandha can also influence the overall metabolism of the body for better enabling better removal of waste and an all-round health. It has been especially effective for people suffering from Type 2 diabetes.
- Another of its amazing properties is relieving man from stress. Depression has become so common these days that the medicine has become the only answer to it. Ashwagandha can regulate the production of cortisol, a hormone in the human body that is responsible for triggering stress and similar negativity in us. Less cortisol in body will ensure you are free of the depressive sadness or stress you suffer from. It battles symptoms of depression and anxiety thereby bringing back the individual to a normal routine in life.
- Though not scientifically proven, tests also suggest that Ashwagandha may also have anti-cancer properties too with the ability to fight tumor growth in various parts of the human body. It can be a breakthrough in cancer treatment if it’s proven to be effective.
With so many positive effects, it is worth taking Ashwagandha seriously as medicine in everyday life. It is available in powdered form to be consumed as a paste or as tablets. The powder can be mixed with milk and taken in everyday for best results. So, being a diabetic, it can help you in maintaining your blood sugar levels. You can notice the difference it gets you by testing your blood sugars using a glucometer. So, it is the time to start consuming Ashwagandha and live a stress-free life.