The BeatO family is in a split between France and Croatia and has decided to watch the match along with popular dishes of both countries.
While the Crème brûlée being a popular dessert of France, the Croatian supporters decided to prepare the Classic Vanilla Custard Pudding.
If you are a soccer lover or just a foodie like us, we’re sure you’d love these recipes.
We’ve made sure that our recipes remain healthy and so have used sugar substitutes and unsweetened sugar in our preparations.
Read on to know more.
Crème brûlée also known as burnt cream, is a dessert consisting of rich custard base topped with a contrasting layer of caramelized sugar. The base of the custard is traditionally flavored with vanilla, but one can have a variety of other flavorings.
So here we go,
Total Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1⁄ 2 cup unsweetened sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
- Whisk the cream, egg yolk, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Mix it all up until it gets nice and creamy.
- Pour this mixture into 4 ramekins (ceramic dishes).
- Place the ramekins in a baking pan. Fill the baking pan with hot water, about halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Place the pan with the ramekins in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour. After 45 minutes or so check them every ten minutes. You’ll know they’re done when you can stick a knife in one and it comes out clean.
- Remove the ramekins from the baking pan, set them on the counter, and let them cool for around 15 minutes. You can keep this refrigerated for up to a day or two.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of the light brown artificial sugar on the top of each. Make sure it’s a THIN layer, but also make sure it completely covers the custard. Now torch it or glaze it( please keep yourself and others safe)
- If you do not have the right equipment, you can put them under the broiler for a minute or so.
The Croatian custard pudding is a sweet treat and quite popular for the ease of preparing it. It is not just popular in Croatia but every household across.
And goes like this…
Total Preparation Time: 25-30 mins
- 500ml milk
- 1/2 vanilla pod, cut in half lengthways
- 160g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- Combine milk and vanilla pod in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, beat sugar with eggs in a bowl until mixture is creamy and a very pale yellow colour.
- Stir in flour; remove the vanilla pod from saucepan and gradually add boiling milk to your egg mixture.Mix well.
- Finally pour this mixture into a saucepan and cook over very low heat, stirring occasionally, until custard is thickened and ready.
Place 1 pastry sheet into a pan and then pour some hot custard on it. Chill in fridge for a few hours until cooled and stiff.Before serving, sprinkle each slice with unsweetened powdered sugar.
We are all set and hope you guys try this out too.
Let the spirit of the game prevail.
P.S. You get to eat both the dishes once the match ends, so it makes it a Win-Win situation.
Make sure to share with us your preparation.
The match and desserts may leave your sugar levels racing. Make sure to keep a glucometer handy which will help you manage and monitor your blood sugar levels from time to time. Also make sure to burn out what all you ate with a good work-out the next day.
“Where the stars align”