Originating from lifestyle changes and family history, diabetes refers to changes in blood sugar levels. Glucose from food enters your cells and helps your body function properly. Type 2 diabetes occurs when your body does not utilize insulin properly, which is known as insulin resistance with respect to the sugar level in the blood. Read on to learn a few tips to manage sugar levels naturally.
What causes type 2 diabetes? Numerous factors can be responsible for the occurrence of type 2 diabetes. However, the significant factors are-
- Genes: Science has proven the different combinations of DNA that affect the process of generating insulin have an impact on your blood glucose.
- Extra Weight: Maintaining a healthy weight is essential in diabetes as it ensures you remain fit and active. Excessive weight, especially around the mid of your waist, raises the risk of insulin resistance. Kids are now becoming prone to type 2 diabetes due to increasing cases of obesity.
- Metabolic Syndrome: Insulin resistance leads to a group of conditions like high blood glucose, high blood pressure, extra fat around the waist, and high cholesterol.
If you have diabetes, you should be aware of the fact that managing your blood sugar levels should not just be your short-term goal. It will help you delay or prevent the complications that are associated with diabetes, including heart, kidney, and nerve disease.
10 Easy Tips to Manage Sugar Levels Naturally
Once diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, one can easily maintain blood sugar levels by following the following natural remedies:
- Spread your meals at regular intervals throughout the day to avoid blood sugar fluctuations.
- Controlled portion size is also equally important as much as avoiding skipping meals. Control your carb intake along with fats.
- Take proper sleep and relax so as to rejuvenate yourself and keep normal blood sugar levels.
- Practice yoga and meditation. They help relieve stress and allow you to manage blood sugars better.
- Exercise regularly to remain fit and active.
- Avoid skipping breakfast because it adds to your next meal, which ultimately raises your blood sugar levels. A high-protein breakfast helps maintain healthy blood glucose.
- Rely on a high fiber and low carb diet to improve blood glucose control.
- Limit your alcohol intake as it throws your blood glucose off balance.
- Medicinal essential oils can be extremely beneficial, particularly for insulin sensitivity. Some oils even relieve the severity of diabetes. Herbs and spices also lower or maintain blood glucose levels.
- Dietary supplements also play a great role in maintaining the overall health of a person with diabetes. They also support the body’s ability to use insulin and help keep your blood sugars balanced.
Read More: Interesting Questions About Diabetes Care that are Frequently Asked on the Internet
Carrying Out Blood Sugar Test
In the end, whether you are a diabetic or pre-diabetic, it is advisable to regularly monitor your blood sugar levels to ensure you follow the prescribed patterns of diet and lifestyle. Use a glucometer to control diabetes and analyze the same with your personalized diabetes educator or doctor.
Download the BeatO App and connect with BeatO Health Coaches to manage and even control your blood sugar levels.