Diabetes is no longer a disease but an epidemic. India already has more than a 100+ million diabetics, and what’s worse is that a large chunk is undiagnosed. Despite varied researches and medical advancements, it is still difficult to predict who is going to become Diabetic. The innocuous nature of Diabetes tends to grow lethal if ignored.
Doctors refer to Diabetes with the name Diabetes Mellitus; it is a group of metabolic diseases where the level of blood glucose increases or decreases by leaps and bounds. The increment of blood glucose occurs either because of less production of insulin or because of almost no production of insulin. The case where there is no production of insulin is referred as Type 1 Diabetes while the case where production of insulin decreases is known as Type 2 Diabetes.
Quick facts that will help you understand Diabetes better
- Gestational Diabetes is a unique case of Diabetes and it is found only in pregnant women.
- Frequent urination, fatigue, male sexual dysfunction, intense thirst and hunger and unusual weight loss are some of the common symptoms of Diabetes.
- People with Type 1-Diabetes can exercise; maintain proper diet and a regular intake of insulin in order to lead a simple life.
- Type 2-Diabetics need to be incessant with physical exercise, oral medication and healthy eating.
- The risk of acquiring cardiovascular diseases increases for a Diabetic. One needs to exercise, eat healthy and take requisite medical help to avoid degrading health.
- Diabetes patients should avoid smoking to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Understanding Diabetes and their causes meticulously
Type 1-Diabetes: It is the uncommon form of diseases and approximately 10% of the Diabetes patients are suffering from Type 1. Doctors also refer to this Diabetes as Juvenile and insulin-dependent diabetes. Type 1-Diabetes is generally diagnosed in people below 40 years in age. The disease affects people either during teenage or early-adulthood.
When we say Type 1-Diabetes is the uncommon form, we talk about data. Only 10 percent of Diabetes patients are suffering from Type-1, the rest are either cases of type-2 or Gestational diabetes.
Type 1-Diabetes is the case where the production of Insulin is nil hence the patient is bound to take insulin injections for the rest of his life. The patient also needs to maintain proper level of blood sugar in order to lead a healthy life. Regular tests and healthy eating are must for people with Type 1-Diabetes.
Type 2-Diabetes: The most common form of Diabetes occurs because of decreased production of insulin in human body. People growing old are highly prone to this type. With the body growing old and increased stress the production of insulin is bound to decrease.
Almost 85-90% of Diabetes patients are suffering from Type 2-Diabetes. Weight loss, frequent urination and intense hunger are some of the common symptoms of Type 2-Diabetes.
People who are over-weight and suffering from Obesity are highly prone to Type 2-Diabetes. Intense exercise, proper diet and medical attention can help people increase the level of insulin production in human body.
Gestational Diabetes: This type of Diabetes is found only in Pregnant Women.During pregnancy, the production of glucose increases by leaps and bounds butthe production of insulin remains same, which leads to Gestational Diabetes.
Insulin injection or oral medication can help women cope up with this form of Diabetes.
How do I control diabetes through natural measures?
Once you have undergone varied tests and have developed an understanding about the type of Diabetes you may have; it is time for you to look for natural measures that can supplement your medication and general routine to help you gain control. Natural measures are slow in the beginning but make a positive impact in your diabetes management.
It is always a good idea to continue exercising, being regular with your diet and medicines while using natural measures on the side.
Here’s a list of method and food that helps you controls the level of blood sugar in your body
Bitter Gourd: Commonly known as Bitter Melon, it is highly recommended for people suffering from all types of Diabetes. Diabetes is nothing but increased level of blood sugar without requisite amount of insulin to counter it.
Bitter Melon is recommended for controlling diabetes because it has amazing blood sugar lowering effect. Regular consumption of Bitter Melon reduces the production of blood sugar in body and helps people fight Diabetes like never before.
The good about Bitter Gourd is that, it never works on a particular tissue or area but focuses on influencing the metabolism of body in order to reduce the production of blood sugar. The influenced metabolism affects each and every cell, tissue and organ in the body.
Bitter Gourd not only decreases the production of blood sugar but also increases the resistance level of Insulin that counters the unwanted blood sugar. Bitter Melon works on the body metabolism and influences it to increase pancreatic secretion of insulin.
Bitter Gourd is surely an effective Diabetes treatment but it should never be used as a complete replacement for Insulin Treatment. Here’s how to make the most out of Bitter Gourd:
- Drinking Bitter Gourd juice early in morning helps a lot. It is in the morning when it is easier to influence metabolism. Take two or three Bitter Melon, remove the seeds, extract their juice and drink them by mixing some water to them.
- People who are not a fan of juice can prepare a dish of Bitter Melon and include it in their dishes.
Cinnamon: It is one of the most prescribed natural supplements for controlling diabetes. Powdered Cinnamon is known to have exceptional insulin stimulating properties. Cinnamon can increase the power of insulin in human body for curbing unwanted production of blood sugar.
Experiments and studies have proved that Cinnamon can effectively curb the production of blood sugar in Type 2-Diabetes cases. While Cinnamon has grown quite popular in recent past as medical tool but its extensive usage needs to be avoided.
Extensive and un-proportionate use of Cinnamon will lead to liver damage. Presence of Coumarin, which is a toxic compound, damages the liver.
Here’s how to consume it:
- Mix a tablespoon of cinnamon in a cup of warm water and drink it.
- People can also boil 2-3 sticks of Cinnamon seed and drink it for high effectiveness. Continue with the drink on daily basis. Stop only when you see impediments.
- You can also acquire Cinnamon by mixing it in general drinks or dishes.
Fenugreek: It is preferred because it stimulates the secretion of un-wanted blood sugar. The Hypoglycemic activity improves glucose tolerance and reduces the presence of Diabetes. The presence of fiber in abundant amount reduces the absorption of sugar and carbohydrates.
Fenugreek is an herb and it works gracefully on diseases like Diabetes. The herb is popular because of the exceptional glucose tolerance improving capability along with the potential of reducing blood sugar levels.
Here’s how to take it:
- First soak two tablespoons of Fenugreek seeds in water a night before you plan to consume it. Next morning consume the water along with the seeds. Make sure you are drinking the water in empty stomach. You need to follow the paradigm for few months in order to control the growing diabetes. Make it a habit, get regular with it and control diabetes like never before.
- The other way of consumption is to convert the seed into powder and then eating it with a cup of milk in morning. Make it a part of your eating habit and follow it at least for 2-3 months.
Indian Gooseberry (Amla): Amla is the most popular fruit in Indian household. The amazing curing properties along with the sumptuous presence of Vitamin C, makes it the most useful household item for improving health on daily basis. Amla can improve the functionalities of stomach, cure cold and also control diabetes.
Here’s how to take it:
- Remove the seeds of 2-3 Amla and grind them into mixer until they turn into fine paste. Now put the paste in thin clothes and squeeze all the juices. Mix 2-3 tablespoon of extracted juice in a cup of water and drink it in morning. Make sure you consume it on an empty stomach.
- One can also consume Amla by mixing 2-3 tablespoon with Bitter Melon juice. Together they are going to do wonders for your body and control diabetes side by side.
Black Plum: Presence of Ellagic acid, Hydrolysable Tannis and Anthocyannis affects the production of blood sugar and also impacts the resistance level of insulin.
Black Plum in India is commonly known as Jamun. It is highly effective on Type 2-Diabetes because of its constituent chemicals that controls the production of blood sugar in human body.
Presence of Glycoside Jamboline regulates the production of blood sugar and also impacts the efficiency of insulin for better.
Here’s how to take it:
- Black Plum is a seasonal fruit hence diabetic patients cannot depend uponthis for controlling Diabetes to a greater extent.
- One can consume the fruit directly after washing it properly.
Mango Leaves: Mango leaves can never control the production of blood sugar in human body but they can regulate the production and efficiency of insulin in human body. Mango Leaves also improves the blood lipid profiles by leaps and bounds, which is quite helpful in controlling diabetes.
Here’s how to use it:
- It is important for the patient to dip mango leaves in water a night before consuming it. One can consume the water after filtering it for impurities and dirt.
- One can always convert the leaves into powder by grinding them. Powdered mango leaves can be consumed directly with a glass of warm water.
Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera gel not only soothes the internal, external burns but also regulates chemicals inside the body for better health. One can use Aloe Vera gel wisely for acquiring better immunity.
It lowers the production and fasting of blood sugar in human body, which helpsin controlling diabetes. Presence of Phytosterolls increases the anti- hyperglycemic effect and impacts the treatment of Type 2-Diabetes.
Here’s how to consume it:
- Prepare a paste of Aloe Vera gel, Turmeric powder and bay leaves and consume it on regular basis. It not only stimulates the
- production of insulin but also controls the increasing level of blood sugar.
Curry Leaves: Only a handful of people know that Curry Leaves can have exceptional effect in the treatment of Type 2-Diabetes. One can find curry leaves in the backyard or acquire it from the general stores.
The anti-diabetic properties of curry leaves are exceptional; they not only impact the increased level of blood sugar but also control them by increasing the resistance capability of insulin. Presence of immensely powerful ingredients that stop the breaking of starch also helps in controlling diabetes in human body.
Here’s how to consume it:
- The simplest way of acquiring proper dose of Curry Leaves is to chew it. Yes! You can chew 15-20 Curry Leaves everyday in morning.
- One can also convert it into powder and consume it with a glass of warm water.
- Curry Leaves can also be used for preparing soups that tastes really good. Avoid the unwanted taste by mixing some salt and tasty ingredients.
It is not only by acquiring healthy fruits and herbs that we can control diabetes. There are varied measures that allow diabetics to keep a tab on their degrading health. Following a strict health paradigm will not only leverage modern day diabetics with an easy life but also open new doors of opportunities.
Here’s a list of things every Diabetic should do while continuing with natural health diet:
Fix your Gut: Not the beer gut but the one related to intestines. Consumption of grains and toxins damages the antibiotic bacteria present in intestine. One needs to fix this in order to control the production of blood sugar. Quality Probiotic intake will help people acquire the lost intestinal strengths and will promote proper digestion of toxin reducing the production of blood sugar.
Exercise: “Sweat is Fat Crying” ! Run as much as you can in order to shade that extra percentage of fat on your body. Losing up to 7% of body fat will help you in fight diabetes better. It is these fats that are acting as a catalyst and promoting the production of blood sugar in human body.
Reduce Stress: This is going to shock a lot of people but yes, Stress is a valid reason for growing diabetes. People from around the world needs to keep a tab on the amount of stress they handle along with their eating habits in order to lead a healthy life.
The contemporary world needs to understand that the only way of controlling diabetes is to decrease the level of blood sugar in body along with the increased production of insulin. One can also depend on food items that stimulate the power of insulin and increases it resisting capability.
The powerful leaves, seeds and fruits listed here have helped millions of people from around the world. Regular use of these seeds and fruits will change the body produces blood sugar and insulin.