Eat breakfast like a king! That’s a commonly heard phrase. A good breakfast will fuel you up and get you started for the day. It needs to be rich in fiber and also full of essential nutrients. Therefore, we have come up with this diabetes-friendly Cauliflower Poha Recipe.
What could be better than a bowl of your favorite Poha? But we have this with a twist. This diabetes-friendly Poha is made of Cauliflower and it won’t lead to a spike in your sugar levels. Check out this healthy recipe below-
How To Make A Diabetes-Friendly Cauliflower Poha?
In order to live a healthy life, you have to start your day on a healthy note. This means having a nutritious breakfast. Being a diabetic, you have to opt for food items that are low in carbs and high in protein. We have a diabetes-friendly Cauliflower Poha Recipe for you-
- Grated Cauliflower – 1 ½ cup
- Chana dal – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – ½ tsp
- Peanuts – 1 tbsp
- Dry Red chill – 1
- Green Chilli – 1
- Ginger – 1 inch grated
- Onion – 1 (sliced)
- Curry Leaves – 10
- Haldi – as per taste
- Coriander powder – as per taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Hing – ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice – as per taste
- Salt – as per taste
- In an oiled pan, add fennel seeds, dry red chili, and mustard seeds. Let them crackle and add ginger, green chilly, onion, and curry leaves.
- Mix everything well. Cook the mixture till the onions are translucent.
- Add salt, coriander powder, and haldi.
- Add in cauliflower and toss over the mixture. Cover for 2-3 mins.
- To garnish, add peanuts, lemon juice and coriander.
- Serve hot.
Cauliflower Poha is a high-fiber, nutrient-dense, low-carb, gluten-free, and vegetarian, alternative to your regular flattened rice poha. It is better in taste and also does not lead to a spike in your sugar levels. You can replace cauliflower with broccoli or cabbage.
Read More – Jackfruit Flour Recipes for Diabetics
If you have any doubts about whether or not you should include a particular ingredient in your diabetes diet, you should always talk to your health coach. Also, do not forget to follow all the diet and lifestyle recommendations given by your health coach.
Author – Sakshi Poptani
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?