A regular check up of blood using a glucometer can tell you about your sugar levels. But as important as it is to do that, it is equally necessary to maintain a proper diet with an exercise regime so that your body can keep the sugar levels from spiking too quickly. There should be fixed times to take food and a nutritious menu for every week. It is best to skip the snacks in between meals so your body gets more time to break down and remove the unwanted or undesired sugars. Yet, one can’t resist at all time. We thus bring three delicious and diabetic friendly recipes for diabetic patients.
- Eggplant Chips
With its low glycemic index and high fiber content, eggplants make for a great snack when you are looking for something tasty and yet healthy. These chips are easy enough to cook up.
- Olive Oil
- Some spices as desired by you
- Cut a whole eggplant into thin slices and spray them liberally with olive oil.
- Add salt to taste and some spices to give a flavor.
- Now make a single layer of the slices in a plate and bake them in the oven.
- Crispy eggplant chips should now be ready to be served.
- Whole grain crackers
Whole grains, unlike the refined grains, are considered excellent food for diabetic patients. The complex sugars in them can easily be broken down without creating an excess of sugars in our body.
- ½ cup of wheat flour
- Ground Oats
- 2 spoons flax seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Red chili flakes
- To make the crackers, you’ll need half a cup each of whole wheat flour and ground oats, two spoons of flax seeds, sesame seeds, red chili flakes and salt.
- Knead all the dry ingredients with oil.
- Make little round shapes out of the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180° and bake the crackers for about 20 minutes.
- Your whole grain crackers are ready to be enjoyed.
- Sugar-free Greek yogurt with almonds and raisins
This is probably the easiest snack to make besides being most healthy of all the three. Sugar-free Greek yogurts have all the ingredients that are excellent for diabetic patients.
- Dry Fruits like almonds and raisins
- Fresh Berries
- Store yogurts in your refrigerator and you can make the snack in two minutes.
- You will also need some dry fruits and fresh berries.
- Add a topping of small slices of almonds, whole raisins and berries to the yogurt.
- You can also make a batch of yogurt at home if you have a small amount of it to begin with.Tip: It is always better to use the homemade yogurts since you can get them fresh every-time.