Before we understand diabetes management without medicines, it is important to know that people generally refer to blood glucose and blood sugar. High amounts of blood sugar levels can eat away our internal organs. It can even lead to serious chronic conditions like Diabetes.
Blood glucose levels can be determined by taking blood samples- in a fasted state or at least 2 hours after meals. The aim of diabetes management is to ensureblood sugar levels are in the normal range, or at least close to as much as possible.
Diabetes Care Without Medicines:
- Eat less refined carbs: Best way to maintain sugar levels without medication is to consume less sugar and less carbs. Limiting processed food, canned juices, and attention to nutrition labels can help a lot.
- Eat more protein: Lean protein sources like egg whites and chicken breast are filling food options that do not have harmful sugar.
- Increase activity:One of the biggest contributing factors for diabetes is a sedentary lifestyle. Going for a quick walk post meals, can improve sugar absorption.
- Cinnamon:Spice up your food with some cinnamon, this can help lower blood sugar levels without medication.
- Green tea: Boost metabolism and maintain healthy weight by consuming green tea. 3-4 cups a day can significantly lower the risk of Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
- The Chromium Option: Though there still needs a lot of research to back this, some studies suggest that Chromium can help regulate blood sugar levels. Including Chromium in natural or supplement form can naturally normalize blood sugar levels.
In diabetes care, the above mentioned options can get blood sugar levels in control without medication. But these solutions need to be followed regularly. Not only will this be beneficial for persons with diabetes but also for an overall healthy life.
Invest in a Glucometer
It is also advisable to invest in a glucometer. Aglucometerwill help you monitor your blood sugar levels. All you need to do is plug in the device and sync with the glucometer app and monitor whenever necessary. This way you can take action whenever need be. You can also keep a check on the levels and keep a record of it for future reference.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?