Bitter gourd contains a compound that works similarly to insulin. In fact, the terms “Karela” and “diabetes” are frequently used interchangeably! It lowers blood glucose levels in people with type I and type II diabetes. A glass of karela juice is so effective that diabetics must reduce the dosage of their medications.
Who Should Consume Karela Juice:
- Firstly, if you have diabetes: Diabetics are undoubtedly recommended to have Karela in some form or the other. This is because Karela contains natural insulin which can help maintain blood sugar levels in diabetic patients.
- If you have a respiratory disorder: Karela is a rich source of Vitamin C and helps lower the risk of respiratory diseases.
- If you have any kind of blood disorder: Karela Juice is beneficial if you have any blood-related disorder like blood boils. Karela helps in purifying and detoxifying the impurities present in the blood. Mix karela juice with some lemon juice and consume on an empty stomach to relieve any kind of blood disorder.
- If you wish to lose weight: If you are worried about the weight you suddenly have started to put on, then you might want to give this a try. Bitter-gourd or karela, is a bundle of phytonutrients and antioxidants that make sure you consume fewer calories and keep you feeling full longer. Karela is high in dietary fibre.
- If your skin needs a boost: Have you been struggling with your skin problems for a while? Try Karela Juice. For starters, it is a blood purifier. A lot of skin problems arise due to high blood pressure. The most common of these are ageing, wrinkle formation, fungal infections, and skin pigmentation. If you suffer from any of these, then you can either topically apply the paste of karela or start consuming Karela Vinegar. Daily karela vinegar helps in glowing and blemish-free skin. It prevents acne, and provides your body with ample amounts of B vitamins.
No matter what your issue, Karela can be incorporated as a remedy for sure.