Why is it important to stay in touch with a certified diabetes educator? Living with diabetes does not only involve eating healthy and following a healthy lifestyle. If you truly want to master the art of managing your sugar levels, it is important to consult a certified diabetes educator.
A certified diabetes educator can help you understand the basics and dynamics of this progressive disease. People often take diabetes lightly. However, the truth is no lasting results can be obtained without decoding the demands of this disease. This is because diabetes requires day-to-day knowledge of nutrition, exercise, monitoring, and medication.
Learning About Diabetes Management from a Certified Diabetes Educator
More than the doctors, the educators share detailed knowledge about various aspects associated with diabetes care. They make people aware of the required nutritional management, physical activity, glucose monitoring, and psychosocial adjustment needed to manage their blood sugar levels.
Handing over the power of diabetes knowledge to their patients, diabetes educators empower people to take charge of their condition and not be fooled or be dependent on anyone.
A team of diabetes education can include:
- a physician
- a certified diabetes educator
- an exercise physiologist
- a nutritionist
Benefits of Diabetes Education
Along with better awareness, a diabetes educator also helps put the patient on the right track in terms of numerous other factors such as:
- Informed and healthy food choices.
- Better diet planning and adherence.
- Awareness and execution of active lifestyle due to knowledge about the dangers of a sedentary lifestyle.
- Motivation to take medications in time. Also, a better understanding of changes in medicines, possible side effects, changes observed, etc., can be discussed with the diabetes educator.
- Proactive monitoring of blood sugar levels by using a compact glucometer to record the sugar fluctuation patterns.
- Keep blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels under control due to understanding the implications of not doing so.
- Take preventive measures to live healthy with diabetes. Undergo preventive health tests and follow healthy habits to prevent diabetes-related complications.
- Take emergency measures as educated by the diabetes expert in case of too high or low blood sugar fluctuations.
Working with a diabetes educator can help you learn effective strategies to beat the disease. Therefore, living with diabetes is no longer mentally stressful if one follows the instructions given by certified diabetes educators.
Download the BeatO App and connect with the BeatO Health Coaches to understand all the necessary measures to manage and control diabetes.