Come December and it is amazing how everyone start recalling each other’s likes and preferences in order to shortlist the ideal Christmas gifts for their friends and family members. Despite all the research, brain storming and of course the heart-warming, being decisive about Christmas gifts seems a far-fetched possibility.
This dilemma becomes tougher to come out from if your friends and family members are diabetic – you just cannot go wrong there. Buying a gift for someone with diabetes doesn’t have to be different than buying a gift for someone without diabetes. There are, however, certain gifts someone managing diabetes might appreciate more than others.
1. Education is the most powerful tool which can help diabetics win over this lifestyle condition. An easy-to-understand and essential guide that anyone who takes insulin would appreciate. Also help them deal with the emotional trauma that diabetes brings along by gifting a book that talks about emotional preparation for a life with diabetes.
2. Best foot care is really the best gift for diabetics. Hence comfortable shoes or professionally useful flats will serve as a great gift. One can also gift shoe vouchers to let the receiver have their own choice while buying. Add a pair of diabetes-friendly socks too and foot care done right.
3. Fitness is another important aspect helpful in maintaining normal sugar levels. Propagate and encourage them to adopt exercise for diabetes to prevent diabetes related complications.
4. Group exercise classes is a great way to stay motivated for fitness and your friends and relatives will thank you for this always. So gift them great health with great company to keep by gifting a membership for group exercise classes. For a more personal touch based on the receiver’s interests, personal training session membership with a local gym will be another great fitness motivation.
5. Gadgets or small appliances for making their cooking convenient and less time consuming is a great way to de-stress them. Healthy cooking can be made easier by gifting them things like hand blender etc.
6. Chemical free skincare can be a blessing in disguise for your diabetic friends or family. Moisturizing body lotions which are made from natural ingredients without any added chemicals work as the perfect gift for soft skin care during the winter season.
7. Eating right is also the most important thing for managing diabetes. Eating the right food for diabetes is best possible when planned in consultation with an expert nutritionist. So go ahead, gift them good health by gifting an appointment with a dietician or a membership for healthy cooking classes.
Achieving normal sugar levels is an easy task when monitored correctly with the glucometer and with mutual encouragement and support. So gift a diabetic friendly gift this Christmas and spread joys and happiness.