Majority of the people believe that the diabetics just are not recommended to eat sweets and are bound to survive with no desserts for the remaining life. But, it completely is a myth. People who have diabetes can relish sugar, desserts, and just about any food that has caloric sweeteners. The diabetics can enjoy their favorite foods containing carbohydrates. They just need to keep a check on the portions and follow the diabetic plan for diabetes. There are various diabetic diet recipes to enjoy and creamy pumpkin pie is one of them. Here is the recipe for the same.
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 packages fat-free, sugar-free, lower-calorie vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2½ cups fat-free milk
- 1 package low-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 container thawed frozen light whipped dessert topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- For crust, take a blender and mix the graham crackers and melted butter. Blend these till the mixture becomes smooth.
- Take a rectangular baking dish and Force down this mixture on it. Bake for around 10 minutes till it becomes golden. Let the mixture cool down.
- Now take a large mixing bowl. Mix together the pudding mix, pumpkin, 1 teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice, cream cheese, and the vanilla and blend them together till these combine well. You can add milk gradually so that these combine well. Now spread this mixture over the crust.
- Take the whipped dessert topping and the left over ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and fold these in the same bowl. Spread these over the pumpkin layer. Dust some pecans. Cover it and keep it in the refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours before you serve.
- Serve this pumpkin pie in a small bowl with a spoon.
Also, keep a close check on your blood sugar level using a diabetes management app on your smartphones or with a glucometer