Everyone loves to relish their favourite dessert, especially during the festive season. We all have mandatory desserts at our home during Diwali time. But being a diabetic, it can lead to a spike in your sugar levels. Here is a mouth watering and diabetes-friendly date and Oatmeal Phirni with Coconut Milk recipe for you.
The key to keeping your sugar levels in control while relishing your favorite foods is portion size. You should also eat them only after consulting with your doctor or health coach. They will tell you which ingredients can be a part of your diabetic diet.
How to Make A Diabetes-friendly Date And Oatmeal Phirni With Coconut Milk?
- Dates- 2 tbsp
- Oats (rolled oats)- 1 cup
- Water- ½ cup
- Cardamom Pods powder- 1 tsp
- Low Fat Coconut milk- 2 cups (Thick coconut milk or almond milk can also be used
- Almonds + garnish – 20 gms
- In a thick bottom pan, dry roast the oatmeal
- Next, add coconut milk, water, dates, cardamom, saffron and almond (cut).
- Cook this mixture for 20-25 minutes (until thickened).
- Allow this mixture to cool.
- Garnish with sliced almonds.
- Serve cold.
Read More: Diabetes-friendly Chips Chaat Recipe | Healthy Munching Option For Diabetics
There are always healthier ways to enjoy your favourite meals, being a diabetic. You only need to take care of the ingredients that you use and the portion size in which you consume these dishes.
You have any doubts regarding a particular food item, you should always speak to your health coach. Follow all the recommendations given by your health coach and ensure the best possible diabetes management.
Get the best nutrition advice with BeatO.
Author- Sakshi Poptani