Karela Thepla is an ideal breakfast option for weight watchers and is also diabetic friendly. It is fondly eaten by everyone across India and it also helps in keeping one satiated. It is a treat for your taste buds and also good for your sugar levels.
Karela or Bitter Gourd helps in lowering your blood sugar levels. It can even help you reduce your diabetes medication. Therefore, incorporating Karela in your diabetes-diet can be a good decision.
Here’s How You Can Prepare a Diabetes-Friendly Karela Thepla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1/4 cup bajra (black millet) flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bitter gourd (karela) peels
- 1/2 tsp grated garlic (lehsun)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil to brush the theplas
1. Combine all the ingredients and knead into a firm dough using enough water and knead well.
2. Divide the dough into 10 equal parts and roll each portion into a circle of approx. 125 mm. (5″) diameter.
3. Cook each thepla on a non-stick pan till both sides are golden brown.
4. Brush each thepla with a little oil and serve hot.
Diabetes does not mean that you have to give up your favourite dishes, it only means that you have to prepare them in a healthier manner. Make good use of all diabetes-friendly ingredients and keep your sugar levels under control. Also, do not forget to keep a tab on your sugar levels.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?