Being a diabetic, you want to enjoy a lot of food items but you are worried that it might lead to a spike in your sugar levels. We have this Diabetes-Friendly Sprouts Dhokla recipe for you, that you relish during your evening snack time. Diabetes cannot stop you from having your favorite snacks, but you only have to prepare them in a healthier manner.
It is proven that sprouts can help you reduce your sugar levels. They also help in maintaining a person’s body weight and it is great for those who engage in a regular workout regime. Check out this super healthy recipe-
How To Make Diabetes-Friendly Sprouts Dhokla?
- 1 cup sprouted moong (whole green gram)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach (palak)
- 3 green chillies , roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1 tsp fruit salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (til)
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 3 to 4 curry leaves (kari patta)
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chilli
- oil for greasing
- Combine the sprouted moong , spinach and green chillies and blend in a mixer using a little water to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add the salt, besan along with ¼ cup water and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over the batter.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter into a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread the batter in an even layer.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the sesame seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the dhoklas, cool slightly and cut into equal diamond shaped pieces
- Cool the dhoklas for just about 30 seconds, so that they can be easily cut into pieces.
Always consult your health coach if you have any doubts regarding what you can include in your diabetic diet. Get the right guidance for the changes you should incorporate in your diet and lifestyle. Also, do not forget to monitor your sugar levels on a regular basis. It is only when you know your sugar level, you will be able to make the right changes.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?