A mixture of mouth-watering & meticulously planned techniques that put the excitement back into diabetic meal times is all that we look forward to! Beginning from breakfast to tempting snacks to the main course & sweets, this portion is certain to alter the delusion that diabetes & delicious food don’t go hand in hand!
Hence, we also introduce you to delicious high-fiber, low-carb variants of all your favorite foods, which you unhappily pushed away due to high-sugar levels!
Gajar Methi ki Subzi – This is considered as a great mixture of texture & fragrant, spicy flavors that has the added advantage of being quick to make. It is enriched with iron, fiber, vitamin A and it’s nutritious too.
- Take some oil in a non-stick pan and heat it. Add the cumin seeds.
- Add the onions and on a medium flame, sauté them for 1 minute.
- Further, add the green chilies and garlic, then sauté for a few seconds.
- Add to it the turmeric powder, coriander powder, fenugreek leaves, mix well. Keep it on a medium flame and cook for 2 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Now add the carrots, salt and 1 cup of water. Mix it well and cover it 7 to 8. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- The subzi is ready.
Palak Mushroom Subzi – This is considered to be a lavish dish that vibrates with the effect of spices, whole & ground. The distinct textures of spinach & mushroom make the dish delicious to chew while the addition of fresh cream also gives it a lusciously rich mouth-feel.
- Take some water and boil it. Add spinach to it and cook it on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now drain the water and let it cool down. Then blend the spinach to turn it into a smooth mixture.
- Take a pan, add oil, ginger, garlic, cloves, and cumin seeds, green chili and sauté these together on a medium flame.
- Now add onions and sauté.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add to it the spinach mixture, dried fenugreek leaves, garam masala, and salt. Mix well and cook the mixture for 2 minutes, and stir occasionally.
- Pour in some fresh cream, mix it well and keep cooking it for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
These are a few healthy recipes that help you to keep the blood glucose levels in check while relishing tasty meals. Besides these recipes, you must also monitor your sugar levels with the help of a glucometer.