With the new year kicking in, let’s pledge to prevent diabetes altogether. Follow these tips to keep diabetes related problems at bay.
P.S Though lifestyle does play a role in diabetes but you can also acquire this condition due to other factors like: family history and other medical conditions.
- Cut down sugar: Eating food high in sugar and refined carbs can put individuals at risk of developing diabetes. Your body rapidly breaks such food into smaller sugar molecules, which is absorbed into your bloodstream.The resulting rise in sugar can stimulate your pancreas to produce insulin, a hormone that can help sugar get out of the bloodstream and into your body’s cells.
- Exercise regularly: Exercising regularly can increase insulin sensitivity. Regular workout can reduce resistance to insulin and control blood sugar levels.
- Drink more water: Water is the most natural and beneficial drink and helps in many bodily functions including regulating sugar levels and metabolism.
- Quit Smoking: Put an end to this habit for good. Smoking is known to contribute to many health problems like heart disease, emphysema and cancer etc.
- Follow a low carb diet plan: Opt for a diet or low carb diet this year. A low carb diet can help aid weight loss maintain blood sugar and insulin levels in your body.
Apart from these tips, keep a check on your blood sugar levels at all time using a glucometer.