In India, Lotus seeds are commonly referred to as Makhana.
People consume it during their fasts or even use it as an ingredient in Indian cuisines or sweet dishes.
However not many people know that it is a recommended dietary supplement as it is a healthy protein and helps prevent heart diseases. Being low in GI makes, it can be consumer by diabetics and non diabetics alike.
Here is how you can add a twist to plain makhanas. Read on to know how.
You will need:
- Makhana( lotus seeds)
- Ginger and garlic paste
- Methi seeds
- Tomato purie
- Red chilli
How to prepare:
- Take a bowl of full makhana (lotus seeds )
- Roast them in a pan to golden brown .
- Now take an onion some pieces of garlic a piece of ginger and make a paste .
- Take a pan and 1 spoon oil.
- Put some jeera and methi dana in it .
- Roast paste in it.
- Add tomato pury and add salt red chilli turmeric powder and
- Mix well.
- Now add a bowl of peas (mutter) add some water and cover with lid .
- Cook till the peas make soft .
- Now add roasted makhana in it .
- Cook for some time, add garam masala and coriander leaves .
- Serve with chapati preferably oats or multigrain.
If you find all this too much work, then we’ve made life simpler at least for makhanas. You can buy are ready to eat BeatO Makhanas in two exciting flavors Lemon and Mint & Sizzling Pepper.
Recipe by: Mehak