Total Time: 15- 20 mins
- 1 cup sprouted moong (whole green gram)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach (palak)
- 3 green chillies , roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1 tsp fruit salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (til)
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 3 to 4 curry leaves (kari patta)
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chilli
- oil for greasing
- Combine the sprouted moong , spinach and green chillies and blend in a mixer using a little water to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add the salt, besan along with ¼ cup water and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over the batter.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter into a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread the batter in an even layer.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the sesame seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the dhoklas, cool slightly and cut into equal diamond shaped pieces
- Cool the dhoklas for just about 30 seconds, so that they can be easily cut into pieces.
(source: tarla dalal)