Total Cook Time: 30-35 mins
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1¼ pounds chicken tenders (10 tenders)
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine egg white and water in a shallow dish. Place flour in a second shallow dish. Combine panko, almond meal, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne in a third shallow dish. One piece at a time, dip chicken in the flour, then in the egg, then in the crumb mixture to coat. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken, flipping the pieces halfway through, until golden brown and registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, honey, mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. Serve the chicken with the sauce, sprinkled with parsley, if desired.
Source: Diabetic Living Magazine