- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking pearl barley
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) cow’s milk cheese
- Jalapeño peppers cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
Read More: What is Polydipsia? | Polydipsia Definition
- Cook barley, omitting salt.
- Drain barley in a colander, and rinse with cold water until completely cooled.
- Combine black beans, next 6 ingredients, and, if desired, cilantro and red pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add barley to black bean mixture; toss gently.
Recipe By : Jayabalan