Wondering what snack you can have while being on a diabetic diet? We have the perfect diabetes-friendly soya pakora recipe for you. Relish with a side of herbal tea or have it with your favorite mint chutney.
Soy is low in glycemic index and also gives a high amount of energy. You do not have to worry about a spike in your sugar levels. Therefore, this recipe is perfect for your evening snack time.
How To Make Diabetes-Friendly Soya Pakora?
- Soya chunks – 2 cups
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 spoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 spoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Chilly powder – a pinch
- Garam masala – 1/4 spoon
- Mint leaves – as per your taste
- Salt – to taste
- Olive oil 5-6 spoon
- Soak soya chunks in warm water for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the water and chop the soya into small pieces.
- Take a pan and pour 1 spoon of olive oil.
- Add ginger garlic paste.
- Keep stirring in order to avoid the paste getting burned.
- To this add turmeric powder, chilli powder after a minute. Add cumin seeds and garam masala powder to it and stir.
- Add soya chunks to this and sprinkle some water to blend it well.
- Remove the pan from fire..
- Once this mixture cools down add mint leaves to this and make small balls with the mixture.
- Take a pan and add 5 spoon olive oil.
- Fry the soya mixture until it gets a brown color.
- Serve along with mint chutney.
To know what all can be included in your diabetic diet, you should always consult your doctor or health coach. After knowing your sugar level, optimize your diet and lifestyle. Also, do not forget to monitor your sugar levels on a regular basis.