Check out this easy Fenugreek and Rice Dosa recipe.
Ingredients for Rice Dosa
- 1 cup idli dosa rice
- 1/4th cup urad dal (white split)
- 1/4th cup black whole year dal
- 3 tbsp Tur Dal
- 2 tbsp Fenugreek seeds (Methi seeds)
- 1 tbsp Flax seeds
- A bunch of coriander leaves,
- Half cup of curry leaves 6-7 stalks,
- 3 green chillies ,
- 10 shallots or small onions
- Salt to taste
- One cup water
Method for Rice Dosa
- Rinse all the above in a strainer and soak overnight.
- Discard the water and wash 2-3 times.
- Grind all the cereals with a bunch of fresh coriander leaves, curry leaves, 3 green chillies, 10 shallots to make a smooth batter, salt to taste and one cup water to make a thick coarse batter.
- On a seasoned cast iron dosa tawa, grease slightly with coconut oil and pour one full paddle and shape like a small dosa or pancake while keeping the gas flame at the lowest. The batter can’t be shaped and will stick if the flame is high.. once shaped the flame can be increased and cook on both sides.
- Serve hot with raw mango coconut chutney.