There is nothing more fulfilling than a healthy and delicious meal. Being a diabetic, you might think that you can’t enjoy your favorite dishes. But you only have to prepare them in a healthier manner. Therefore, we have come up with this diabetes-friendly Grilled Chicken with Red Pepper Sauce Recipe for you.
Grilled Chicken with Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
- 4 pieces boneless chicken breasts beaten thin
- 1-tablespoon Worchester sauce
- 1-tablespoon red Chilli sauce
- 1-tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
For the sauce
- 2 red capsicums coarsely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 8 basil leaves
- 1-tablespoon olive oil
- 1-teaspoon oregano
- Milk ( optional)
Method for sauce
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic and onions. Sauté few minutes
- Add red capsicum and sauté till capsicum is well done and the skin has black spots
- Puree the onion and sautéed capsicum mixture with a hand blender
- Add salt, pepper and oregano to the puree and some water to smoothen the sauce
- You may add some milk for a creamier texture
Method for chicken
- Cut chicken breasts into smaller strips. About 3 strips per breast
- Marinate with all given ingredients except olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a grill pan
- Add chicken and leave on each side till they develop grill marks
- Lay grilled chicken on a dish
- Pour the sauce so that each piece is covered with some sauce
- Garnish with basil leaves
Portion size is the key to managing your diabetes condition. Do not overindulge in your favorite food items. If you have any doubts regarding which foods you can eat, always talk to your healthcare provider or nutritionist. Make the right changes to your diet and lifestyle in accordance with your sugar levels and avoid diabetes-related complications.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?