Karela Kadhi is diabetic-friendly comfort food that goes well with steamed rice. It’s a great summer dish that also helps you beat the heat. Check out this easy-peasy Karela Methi Dana Kadhi Recipe.
- 4-5 medium sized Karelas
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup curd
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger-green chilli paste
- ½ tsp methi dana seeds
- ½ tsp jeera
- Salt to taste and extra for prepping the karela
- Peel the Karelas and rub with salt and leave overnight or at least 3-4 hours.
- Squeeze the Karelas to remove bitterness and cut them into small pieces
- Heat Oil in a non-stick pan, add methi dana, jeera and wait till they begin to sputter.
- Add the onions and sauté for a few minutes
- Now add the Karelas and salt and cook over medium flame till the Karelas soften
- In a separate bowl whisk curd and the gram flour to a smooth paste
- Add the curd paste and ginger chilli paste to the onions and Karela mix in the pan
- Add one cup of water and bring to a boil. Keep stirring continuously.
- The kadhi will begin to thicken
- Add salt and simmer for few minutes
- Serve hot. You may sprinkle coriander for garnish.
This delicious recipe was shared by Ms. Rashmi Kandhari
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?