Karela Kadhi is diabetic-friendly comfort food that goes well with steamed rice. It’s a great summer dish that also helps you beat the heat. Check out this easy-peasy Karela Methi Dana Kadhi Recipe.
- 4-5 medium sized Karelas
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup curd
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger-green chilli paste
- ½ tsp methi dana seeds
- ½ tsp jeera
- Salt to taste and extra for prepping the karela
- Peel the Karelas and rub with salt and leave overnight or at least 3-4 hours.
- Squeeze the Karelas to remove bitterness and cut them into small pieces
- Heat Oil in a non-stick pan, add methi dana, jeera and wait till they begin to sputter.
- Add the onions and sauté for a few minutes
- Now add the Karelas and salt and cook over medium flame till the Karelas soften
- In a separate bowl whisk curd and the gram flour to a smooth paste
- Add the curd paste and ginger chilli paste to the onions and Karela mix in the pan
- Add one cup of water and bring to a boil. Keep stirring continuously.
- The kadhi will begin to thicken
- Add salt and simmer for few minutes
- Serve hot. You may sprinkle coriander for garnish.
Read More: Recipe for Ragi Almond Vegetable Soup
This delicious recipe was shared by Ms. Rashmi Kandhari