Dalia is a beloved breakfast option for many people. Not only is it delicious, it is also loaded with nutrients. Being a diabetic, it does not mean that you cannot enjoy this delicious dish. Therefore, we have come up with a Healthy Dalia for Diabetes for you.
How to prepare a Healthy Dalia for Diabetes
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 cup Dalia
- 2- 3 Cardamoms
- Sugar free powder- to taste
- Almonds/ Cashew for garnish
- Firstly, in a pan , put one spoon of ghee on low flame.
- Ten take one bowl of Dalia and put it in the pan.
- Then roasted it light brown on low flame.
- In that you can put badi elaichi (cardamom) for better taste.
- Then pour 3 bowls of water in a pan. Cover it with a lid.
- Cook it for 15- 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, use sugar free powder according to the taste.
- Garnish sweet dalia with almonds and cashews
Being a diabetic, you become very apprehensive about eating your favorite dessert. You want to satiate your craving for something sweet but you do not want to spike your sugar levels. Therefore, you should consider diabetes friendly ways of preparing desserts.
If you have doubts about eating any food item, you should always talk to your diabetes educator or health coach. Also, do not forget to do a quick sugar check after having your favorite dessert.