Total Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup urad dal
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp oil for greasing
- Combine oats and urad dal and blend in a mixer to a smooth powder.
- Add 1.5 cups of water, salt and green chilli paste and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Cover and keep aside to ferment for 1 hour.
- Grease idli molds using oil and put spoonfuls of batter into them.
- Steam in an idli steamer for 8 to 10 minutes or till they are cooked.
- Serve with sambar.