Oatmeal has been a popular morning item for a long time. It’s prepared from oat groats, which are oat kernels stripped of their husks. We have given an Indian twist to your favourite oats in the form of oats idli. We bet you’d love this recipe.
Total Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup urad dal
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp oil for greasing
- Combine oats and urad dal and blend in a mixer to a smooth powder.
- Add 1.5 cups of water, salt and green chilli paste and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Cover and keep aside to ferment for 1 hour.
- Grease idli molds using oil and put spoonfuls of batter into them.
- Steam in an idli steamer for 8 to 10 minutes or till they are cooked.
- Serve with sambar.