This yummy snack is made with very few ingredients and tastes wonderful.
You will need:
- 6 medium sized Potatoes, cleaned, boiled, peeled and mashed well
- 300 gm Spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoon of fresh Green Coriander, cleaned and freshly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Red Chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of roasted Cumin (Jeera) powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Garam Masala powder
- Salt as per taste
- Olive Oil for frying
How to prepare:
- Clean the Spinach leaves by removing the bottom area of stems including roots such that only leaves and 1 and a half inch of the stem is left. Wash thoroughly in water twice to ensure all leaves are foreign material free. Put these washed fresh Spinach leaves in a heated pot on a medium flame.
- Stir it continuously for 1 and a half minute on medium flame or till all Spinach leaves get partially cooked or blanched.
- Take the cooked/blanched leaves into chopping board and chop them.
- In a bowl, place these chopped Spinach leaves together with mashed Potatoes, Red Chili Flakes, Roasted Cumin (Jeera) powder, Garam Masala powder, Salt as per taste and chopped green Coriander.
- Mix all the ingredients together with a light hand such that all things get combined together. Do not mix it too much or with rough hands as the mixture will get liquidy from the water released by Spinach on mixing aggressively.
- Gently press the ball so that it becomes slightly flat and place it on a clean plate.
- Put these balls in a heated frying pan on medium heat.
- Absolutely yummy and delicious Spinach Cutlets are ready.
- Serve it with Ketchup or Mint Chutney.
This recipe was shared by Ms.Sejal. Make sure to comment if you like this recipe or have any tips.