Nothing satisfies your hunger pangs like a delectable and flavourful Fish Curry. The most commonly asked question remains, Can you savour a fish curry being a person with diabetes? Yes, you can. We have come up with this Bihar style fish curry recipe that will tantalise your taste buds and keep you full for long.
Fish can be an excellent choice for people with diabetes because it is a lean source of protein and provides various health benefits. It can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular issues associated with diabetes. Apart from this, fish can help maintain your muscle mass, control your appetite and also stabilise your blood glucose levels.
Bihar Style Fish Curry: A Diabetes-friendly Delicacy
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 45 minutes
Serves – 6 portions
- River Fish (Rohu/ Catla) 1 kg
- Yellow mustard Seeds 40 gm
- Cauliflower 150 gm
- Tomatoes 80 gm
- Peas 80 gm
- Red Chilli Powder 3-5 gm
- Panch Phoran 1 gm
- Garlic 40 gm
- Garam Masala 2 gm
- Turmeric Powder 3 gm
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the fish with turmeric powder and salt, and keep aside.
- Make a paste with mustard seeds and garlic.
- Pan fry the fish till half done and keep aside.
- Heat oil and panch phoran followed by the mustard paste; add the powdered masala and cook until the oil separates.
- Cut all the vegetables and add to the masala, season with salt and saute well for 2 minutes.
- Add water, cover and cook fully. Now, add the fish back to the gravy and cook till everything is combined.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve hot.
BeatO Food Lab Nutrition Information
This curry served with a small portion of parboiled rice and salad makes it an extremely wholesome meal. This recipe is a completely balanced meal with a combination of protein and vegetables and is a great meal option for people with diabetes.
You should not include any food item or ingredient in your diabetes diet without consulting with your doctor or health coach. Also, the key to managing diabetes is keeping a regular tab on your sugar levels. It helps you assess how a particular food item can affect your sugar levels.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?