Are you looking for a flavorful and nutritious dish that can be included in your diabetes diet plan? We have an easy-to-make and quick Gujarati sabzi recipe with sprouts as the main ingredient. You can try the Mix Spout Khatta recipe in which the moong/ sprouts are simmered with curd and spices, giving them a sour and spicy taste.
Sprouts or Mung Bean Sprouts have a low glycemic index. They are also a good source of fibre and protein which helps in slowing down the digestion process and the absorption of protein. They can support your overall health and help you avoid the risk of diabetes-related complications.
Diabetes Delight | Mix Sprout Khatta Recipe
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
Serves – 4 portions
- Sprouted Moong 200 gm
- Sour Curd 125 gm ( Hang yoghurt overnight in a muslin cloth and use)
- Chilli Powder 5 gm
- Turmeric Powder 5 gm
- Besan 25 gm
- Oil 20 ml
- Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Hing 1 tsp
- Ginger & Green Chilli Paste 10 gm
- Cook sprouted moong with 2 cups of water until soft and tender, making sure it does not get mushy.
- Whisk the sour curd, gram flour, turmeric powder, hing, salt and one cup of water until smooth with no lumps. Set aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan on medium heat; add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, and let it crackle.
- Next, add the green chillies, ginger, and saute for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the yoghurt mixture and the cooked green moong into the seasoning.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil. Once the Khatta Moong comes to a boil, turn the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Enjoy this dish with a small portion of parboiled rice or multigrain roti and sambharo on the side. This is a low-calorie dish. Mustard seeds are very rich in phytonutrients, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. While sprouted moong is a good source of Vitamin C , Vitamin K, minerals and protein. It helps boost circulation, digestion, and weight loss.
BeatO Food Lab Nutrition Information
Always speak to your BeatO health coach or healthcare provider before including anything in your diabetes diet. We also recommend that you do a sugar test before and after trying any new recipe. It will help you understand how it affects your blood glucose level.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?