A salad is the first thing which comes to our minds when we are looking for something filling, healthy and delicious. You can make a delicious salad by adding all your veggies, seasonings and olive oil. Being a diabetic person, you have to make sure that it does not affect your sugar levels. That is why, we’ve got this Cranberry and Cilantro Quinoa Salad Recipe for you.
Quinoa is particularly beneficial for people having diabetes. It is a good replacement for other grains which are high in carbohydrates. Even cranberry is a good source of probiotics which helps in controlling a diabetic person’s sugar levels.
Here’s to prepare Cranberry and Cilantro Quinoa Salad
Total Cook Time: 2 hours 30 Minutes
- One 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- One 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup minced carrots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Pour the water into a saucepan, and cover with a lid.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then pour in the quinoa, recover, and continue to simmer over low heat until the water has been absorbed, approximately in 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scrape into a mixing bowl, and chill in the refrigerator until cold.
- Once cold, stir in the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, red onion, curry powder, cilantro, lime juice, sliced almonds, carrots, and cranberries.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill before serving.
If you have any doubts about whether or not to eat a particular food item or not, you should always consult with your health coach. We suggest you do a quick sugar check after having your meal to analyze your condition better. Also, regular sugar monitoring is the key to managing your diabetic condition.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?