Total Cook Time: 2 hours 30 Minutes
- One 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- One 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup minced carrots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Pour the water into a saucepan, and cover with a lid.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then pour in the quinoa, recover, and continue to simmer over low heat until the water has been absorbed, approximately in 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scrape into a mixing bowl, and chill in the refrigerator until cold.
- Once cold, stir in the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, red onion, curry powder, cilantro, lime juice, sliced almonds, carrots, and cranberries.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill before serving.
Source: All Recipes