Fenugreek or Methi is known to hold many benefits for a diabetic person. Therefore, it should be included in your diabetic diet. We have an exclusive diabetes-friendly Garlic Methi recipe, just for you!
Fenugreek helps in the regulation of your blood sugar levels and also helps in the production of insulin. It slows down digestion and also the absorption of carbohydrates and sugar into your body. This is the reason why fenugreek/ methi is highly recommended for diabetics.
How to make Diabetes-Friendly Garlic Methi
- 250 gm Green Cut Methi
- Half Garlic
- 500 gm Yam/ Arbi ( suran)
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Chilli flakes – to taste
- Wash and cut the methi.
- Peel and chop the garlic
- Wash and cut the suran.
- Now boil this suran in salt and turmeric.
- Heat a non-stick pan and brush oil over it.
- Add chopped garlic and chilli flakes.
- As the garlic turns slightly brown add the boiled and drained Suran. Keep the flame high.
- Now add chopped methi and lastly, salt and pepper as per taste.
- Cook for some time.
- Turn the flame off. Serve with chapati or rice.
Having diabetes does not mean that you cannot relish your favorite food items. It only means that you have to prepare them in a diabetes-friendly way. Enjoy your favorite Methi/ Fenugreek dishes and if you have any doubts, do not forget to do a quick sugar check after having it. If you have any further doubts, consult your health coach or diabetes educator.