People with diabetes can enjoy desserts, but it’s important to make mindful choices and practice moderation. You can choose for desserts that are lower in added sugars and contain refined carbohydrates. While some desserts might not be a suitable choice, you can opt for those with fresh fruits, berries, yoghurt, and desserts made with whole grains or natural sweeteners like stevia.
Apple Cinnamon Rabri is a luscious Indian dessert that seamlessly blends the sweetness of apples with the warm aroma of cinnamon. This rich and indulgent dish is a variation of the traditional Rabri, a dessert made by thickening milk through a slow-cooking process. Read further to learn this diabetes-friendly Apple Cinnamon Rabri Recipe-
Diabetes-friendly Apple Cinnamon Rabri Recipe
This dessert is a celebration of contrasts – the sweetness of apples against the warmth of cinnamon, the creamy richness of milk against the crispness of nuts. Whether enjoyed after a hearty meal or as a stand-alone treat, Apple Cinnamon Rabri is a delicious fusion of flavours that satisfies both the palate and the senses. Enjoy the recipe below-
- 1 litre double toned milk
- 20 almonds (blanched & sliced)
- ½ large apple (chopped)
- 1 tbsp stevia
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Boil the double toned milk over a gentle flame. Ensure to stir consistently for a duration of 60-90 minutes, allowing the volume to diminish by half.
- Once done, allow the milk to cool at room temperature. Transfer it to a bowl and add 1 tbsp of stevia, adjusting the quantity to suit your preference for sweetness.
- For the next step, add the chopped apple into the bowl, followed by the addition of blanched and sliced almonds.
- Conclude by adding the cinnamon powder. Thoroughly mix the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for a span of 2-3 hours, allowing it to chill and set. When ready, serve the chilled preparation.
This is a low fat dessert which can be relished during the festive season by people with diabetes. But remember not to overindulge. Portion size is the key to keeping your sugar levels within the prescribed range. Even while you are using diabetes-friendly ingredients, you should not exceed the recommended portion size.,
While you enjoy this delectable recipe, do not forget to keep a regular tab on your sugar levels. It can help you keep a tab on your diabetes health and can also help you assess how a particular food item or exercise impacts your blood glucose levels. Also, do not forget to consult your doctor or health coach for regular feedback and recommendations.
It is crucial to monitor your blood sugar levels using a smartphone-connected glucometer on a regular basis. If you feel doubtful about whether or not you should consume a particular item, you should do a quick sugar check before and after you consume it.
Being a person with diabetes, you can enjoy your favourite treats by making sure that you keep the portion size in check. Overindulging can lead to a spike in your sugar levels. It’s important to discuss with your physician how a food item can affect your blood glucose levels. If you have any doubts about what you can include as a part of your diabetes diet, you should always speak to your doctor or health coach.
Get the best health advice with BeatO!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?