We all love to start our morning with Parathas; however, your nutritionist might suggest you to avoid oily food items. Karela Parantha is a delicious and healthy breakfast alternative for weight watchers and diabetics alike. It’s a tasty treat that’s also excellent for your blood sugar levels.
Ingredients for Karela Parantha
- Karela 1/4kg
- Wheat flour 2 cups
- Besan 2 tbsp
- Chopped green chillies 2
- Curd 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Grate the skin of the karela so that the rest of the karelas can be used to make the usual sabji.
- Dip the grated chilkas in salted water for 1/2 hour.
- Drain water – wash with normal water in a sieve and squeeze the excess moisture.
- Add flour, besan, karela chilka, chillies, curd and salt.
- Make the dough as you would make for parathas.
- Allow it to rest for 1/2 hour.
- Make balls of the dough in size of your choice; roll out and make parathas on nonstick tawa adding little oil or ghee
- Enjoy with fat free butter or curd
Recipe by: Shweta Kalra