Being a diabetic, you need to be very careful while eating certain dishes. You can eat all your favorite ones, but in a healthy way. We’ve got a delicious and diabetes-friendly Corn Methi Bhurji Recipe for you. Both corn and fenugreek (Methi) are considered to be a healthy option for diabetics.
Fenugreek is high in soluble fibre which helps in lowering your blood sugar levels. Even corn is also a good source of energy, fibre, vitamins and minerals. It is low in sodium and fat which makes it suitable for diabetics.
Here’s How You Can Make Corn Methi Bhurji
- 2 Corn Kernels (de- seeded and coarsely grounded)
- 1 bunch Methi finely chopped
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Red chilli powder as per taste;
- 1/2 lemon.
- Oil – 2 tbsp ( or as required)
- Jeera/ cumin seeds- 2 tsp
- Take oil in a kadai, add jeera and let it splatter.
- Now add onions and saute it till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add Corn and Methi also add salt red chilli and turmeric saute till the corn and methi is cooked finely.
- Add juice from 1/2 lemon and garnish the bhurji with coriander leaves and sprinkle a pinch of garam masala.
- Bhurji is ready to serve.
Enjoy this delicious diabetes-friendly recipe and in case you have any doubts, do not forget to ask your health coach. We recommend that you do a quick sugar check after your meal to know how a particular food item affects your condition. Depending on your sugar level, make the right changes to your diet and lifestyle.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?