Being a diabetic, you need to be very careful while eating certain dishes. You can eat all your favorite ones, but in a healthy way. We’ve got a delicious and diabetes-friendly Corn Methi Bhurji Recipe for you. Both corn and fenugreek (Methi) are considered to be a healthy option for diabetics.
Fenugreek is high in soluble fibre which helps in lowering your blood sugar levels. Even corn is also a good source of energy, fibre, vitamins and minerals. It is low in sodium and fat which makes it suitable for diabetics.
Here’s How You Can Make Corn Methi Bhurji
- 2 Corn Kernels (de- seeded and coarsely grounded)
- 1 bunch Methi finely chopped
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Red chilli powder as per taste;
- 1/2 lemon.
- Oil – 2 tbsp ( or as required)
- Jeera/ cumin seeds- 2 tsp
- Take oil in a kadai, add jeera and let it splatter.
- Now add onions and saute it till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add Corn and Methi also add salt red chilli and turmeric saute till the corn and methi is cooked finely.
- Add juice from 1/2 lemon and garnish the bhurji with coriander leaves and sprinkle a pinch of garam masala.
- Bhurji is ready to serve.
Enjoy this delicious diabetes-friendly recipe and in case you have any doubts, do not forget to ask your health coach. We recommend that you do a quick sugar check after your meal to know how a particular food item affects your condition. Depending on your sugar level, make the right changes to your diet and lifestyle.