Check out this delicious and diabetes-friendly fudge brownie recipe!
Total Cook Time: 40- 45 mins
- 90 grams of unsweetened dark chocolate bites
- 2 teaspoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup ripe avocado flesh (230g) about 2 medium ripe avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour ( you can get this online)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – optional
Glazing and toppings
- 1/8 cup roasted and salted pecan nuts, crushed (12 g)
- 1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate bites, melted (40 g)
- 1/4 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt – optional
- Preheat oven to fan-forced 180 C (350F).
- Line a square brownie pan (24 cm x 24cm) with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan add the dark chocolate bites and coconut oil. Bring to medium heat until fully melted. You can also place both ingredients into a bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds burst until fully melted. Set aside.
- In your food processor with the S blade attachment, add all the brownie ingredients (except the glazing one) in this order: ripe avocado flesh, eggs, almond meal, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract and melted chocolate.
- Process for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until all the ingredients come together and you obtain a thick brownie batter.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared square pan. Spread the batter evenly in the pan using a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the brownie comes out clean.
- Cool down 10 minutes in the pan before pulling out the brownie from the pan, using the parchment paper to pull out the brownie easily.
- Transfer the brownie on a cookie rack to cool down until room temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate glaze and toppings. In a small saucepan, under medium heat, melt the sugar-free chocolate bites with coconut oil until fully liquid and shiny. Stir often to avoid the chocolate from burning.
- Use a teaspoon to drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the brownie and decorate with crushed pecan nuts and sea salt – optional.
- Cut the brownie into 16 squares and store the brownies in the pantry in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?