Cumin potatoes/ Jeera Aloo is a favorite in every Indian household. Some people can feel apprehensive while consuming potatoes, having diabetes. Having diabetes does not mean that you have to miss out on your favorite dishes. It only means that you need to prepare those dishes in a healthier manner. Therefore, we have a diabetes-friendly cumin potatoes recipe for you.
Potatoes can have a medium or high glycemic index. Therefore, we have to make sure that we do not exceed in terms of its portion size and also use a diabetes-friendly way of cooking our potato dishes.
Here’s a Diabetes Friendly Cumin Potatoes Recipe for You-
Total Cook Time: 35- 40 mins
- 2 pounds new potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place whole potatoes into a saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until just tender. Drain, and cut potatoes into quarters. Set aside to keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Saute the cumin, turmeric, and curry powder for 1 minute. Add potatoes, and saute until toasted. Toss potatoes with sea salt, pepper and fresh cilantro, and serve hot.
Relish this delicious recipe and if you have any doubts about whether or not you should eat it, you should do a quick sugar check after having it. You can even talk to your health coach or nutritionist if you want to do a double check.