Indulge in a guilt-free pleasure with this diabetes-friendly Yoghurt, Amaranth and Chia Seeds Parfait with Fruits. This nutritious and delicious dessert can satisfy your sugar cravings while keeping your blood glucose levels in check.
It is a delightful way to enjoy a healthy snack or breakfast while managing diabetes. It’s bursting with flavour, texture, and nutrients, making it a perfect choice for those looking for exciting and delicious options to include in a diabetes-friendly diet.
Nourish Your Health With This Diabetes-Friendly Yoghurt Parfait Recipe
This dessert is loaded with antioxidants which makes it extremely nutritious. It is also rich in both fibre and protein, making it one of the best dessert options for a person with diabetes. Check out the recipe below-
- Low Fat Yoghurt, hung curd – 1 ½ cup
- Popped Amaranth Seeds – ½ cup
- Chia seeds – ¼ cup
- Strawberry – 30 gm
- Blueberry- 20 gms
- Orange Segments – 50 gms
- Raw Acacia Honey – 2 tablespoons
- Walnut, flax seeds and mint for garnish
- In a bowl, whisk the yoghurt and honey until you form a smooth paste. Add chia seeds and popped amaranth.
- Cut the fruits into bite size pieces.
- Take a parfait glass/ bowl and add a layer of fruits followed by a layer of yoghurt mix.
- Top this layer with flax seeds, walnut and mint. Enjoy!
Recommended serving size: 1 small Cup (75- 80 gms)
It is crucial to monitor your blood sugar levels using a smartphone-connected glucometer on a regular basis. If you feel doubtful about whether or not you should consume a particular item, you should do a quick sugar check before and after you consume it.
Being a person with diabetes, you can enjoy your favourite treats by making sure that you keep the portion size in check. Overindulging can lead to a spike in your sugar levels. It’s important to discuss with your physician how a food item can affect your blood glucose levels. If you have any doubts about what you can include as a part of your diabetes diet, you should always speak to your doctor or health coach.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?