In contrast to white rice, which primarily contains the starchy endosperm, brown rice contains the grain’s nutrient-rich germ and bran layers. Check out this easy brown rice with corn recipe!
Total Cook Time: 60-65 mins
Ingredients for Brown Rice with Corn
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- In a saucepan, mix the water, rice, olive oil, and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Mix in the corn, cilantro, and cumin.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 45 to 60 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Let it stay for a while.
Also try this super easy Brown Rice Veg Biryani Recipe!
Download the BeatO App for personalized diabetes care.
Read also: How to Cook Starch-free Rice if you have Diabetes?