- Jackfruit (non- ripe, fresh , seed removed flesh only) cut into half inch pieces : 250 grams
- Coconut ( grind) 5 tablespoon
- Green chillies 2/3 nos
- Spring onion 3/4 nos
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Garlic. 3/4 dents
- Turmeric 1/4 teaspoon
Grind altogether gentle just to mix it up in a mixer grinder.
- Spring onion (Cut into small pieces): 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves,water, salt to taste.
- Cook the jackfruit flesh with little water, some curry leaves and salt.
- Add the grinded coconut mixture when cooked and stirring well.
- Heat a frying pan , add the oil , bring it to boil, then crack mustard seeds, add cut onion then curry leaves.
- Remove from the fire when onion turned golden brown.
- Add the whole garnish to the cooked jackfruit and stir well.
Serve with fish curry/ chicken/ mango pickle/curd chutney
(You could preserve the just cooked jackfruit with salt in freezer for a year.)
Recipe by: Sosamma Stephen